We recently approached Jackie Nichols, Executive Director of Playhouse on the Square, Memphis’ professional actors theater based in Overton Square, and asked him to share his “Top 5 Reasons that Overton Square is the Perfect Theater District.”
Here’s what he came up with:
1. Great restaurants in walking distance to the theatre. Park once.
2. Centrally located for those living out east or downtown.
3. Midtown has a great history of new and exciting theatre created of, by, and for Memphians.
4. Other great cultural opportunities surrounding the Theatre District, such as the Brooks, Levitt Shell, the Zoo, Memphis College of Art…
5. Safe, well-lit parking; this will be even better after the new garage is built.